It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like knowing when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a host of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they understand your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the most savings out there. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to tell you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a host of benefits that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc in Rockford has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at (815)914-6197.