With warmer temperatures right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at its best, it can cut a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically raise your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc expert do air conditioning service
at least yearly is critical to keeping your system running at its best for the long haul. He or she can be sure the unit is working as it should be and can identify looming concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your expert air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and require large repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or changed during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the experts at Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc a call at (815)914-6197.