As springtime begins, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Rockford? Especially if your cooling system is newer or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling pro can help spot minor issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy needs—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as quickly.
- It helps spot little troubles before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine pieces and complete a series of air conditioning performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find troubles before they turn into big troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and parts:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling
Today is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling pros a ring at (815) 914-6197 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your next maintenance.