As warmer weather rolls around, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Rockford? Especially if your air conditioning unit is up-to-date or was running good last year.
Here’s one method to contemplate it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never have to book any work for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc expert can help find minor problems before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a professional to take care of complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect inside your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can create increased energy needs—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy bill and over the years, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they become big, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly inspect components and complete a series of AC performance verifications. These detailed processes often allow us to locate problems before they create extensive troubles that lead to a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free operation throughout the season. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your system is at risk for premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC tune-up should have an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll check the following spots and parts:
- Complete equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Right Away with Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc
Now is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc pros a shout at (815)914-6197 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your residence, don’t forget to browse our special offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.