In Rockford you rely on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the colder months. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be needing a furnace fix-up
visit any day. Simply put, you might have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and effect your furnace’s execution. It could even create trouble with your furnace’s threshold switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some indicators for you to search for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in a professional, like Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc, if you notice any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem weak? Signs related to your blower could indicate a bit of a problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts running at top volume or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace immediately and cut off its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a blocked condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC pros to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a number of complications. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to setup furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc at (815)914-6197 when you need to schedule repairs or routine maintenance.