During the cooler Rockford months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc right away if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not the right size for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc at (815)914-6197 or arrange an appointment with us online.