Having routine air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Rockford season, have the specialists at Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to illicitly releasing it to the air.
- Look for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We suggest checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc today at (815)914-6197.