Summer has arrived! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Rockford is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter consistently! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc in Rockford at (815)914-6197 today.