There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Rockford, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to think about annual furnace service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, to include:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners solely associate furnace service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees could help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc expert drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few basic ways to help maximize your comfort when the temperatures drop in Rockford. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the team at Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc a call at (815)914-6197 to start saving a little more today.