Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Rockford are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of the existing filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder and can also lower the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling, Inc in Rockford will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at (815)914-6197 and keep cool this summer.